MLS IN-PERSON PROGRAM
Expand your career opportunities by increasing your understanding of the law
The University of Utah Master of Legal Studies program offers a cutting-edge curriculum that immerses students in the law, helps them understand the intricacies of the U.S. legal system, and situates them for career advancement.
Our MLS program uses a cohort system, so students progress together and form lasting relationships with each other.
Designed for working professionals, courses run every other weekend on Fridays and Saturdays throughout the year. Students complete the program in a single year and attend classes in the fall, spring, and summer semesters.
For students interested in a specific area of law, the program includes the flexibility to replace courses from the standard MLS curriculum with JD course offerings.
- Business and IP in the Modern Economy
- Comparative Legal Studies
- Contracts in the Modern Economy
- Conflict and Legal Crisis Management
- Criminal Law for MLS Students
- Government, Private Property, and Land Use
- Labor and Employment
- Lawsuits and Litigation
- Legal Ethics in the Provision and Management of Legal Services
- Legal Research and Writing for Non-Lawyers
- The Regulatory System
- Understanding Cases, Statutes, and Legislation