The Office of Student Affairs oversees the allocation of additional funding for the ULaw Student Organizations. ULaw Student Organizations requesting funding must be recognized by The Office of Student Affairs in order to be eligible for additional funding.
Please note that ASUU has a separate funding process for active Registered Student Organizations (RSO), therefore, ULaw funding is supplemental to ASUU’s.
FUNDING PROCESS OVERVIEW
- You must be a recognized ULaw Student Organization by The Office of Student Affairs before submitting a request for funding. Funding is limited and cannot fully support a ULaw Student Organization's goals. It is important that ULaw Student Organizations find other resources of funding. For example:
- Becoming an active Registered Student Organization (RSO) through Student Leadership & Involvement to pursue funding through the ASUU Legislative process.
- Requiring Membership Fees
- Fundraising (Contact Kevin Carrillo to request assistance)
- Funds will be given by reimbursing approved purchases.
- All purchases with ULaw funds must have a business purpose AND original receipts.
All ULaw Student Organizations must submit a pre-approved funding application before purchasing items that will later be reimbursed.
The Associate Director of Student Activities & Advising will inform ULaw Student Organizations if their funding application was approved within two weeks of application submission.
ASUU FUNDING REQUESTS
- College of Law funds can be used for ULaw Student Organization food purchases for events.
- For events that serve food and have less than 10 attendees, a Business Meal Documentation Form must be included with the Request Form. Please return this form and the itemized receipt to the Associate Director of Student Activities & Advising
- Alcohol cannot be purchased/reimbursed with these funds.
- College of Law funding can be used for ULaw Student Organization supplies
- Paper, pens, etc.
- Banners, posters, flyers, printing, handouts
- Items needed for events/programs.
- Apparel must include ULaw Student Organization's logo and ULaw logo
- Water Bottles
ITEMS NOT ALLOWED
The Office of Student Affairs funding cannot be utilized for the following items:
- Tuition and scholarships
- Alcoholic beverages
- Entertainment expenses at conferences
- Graduation gifts
- Cash awards or gift cards